Plante Moran’s State & Local Tax team issues periodic newsletters to keep you apprised of important state and local tax changes.
Topics in this issue include:
- Creditor entitled to sales tax refund after writing off bad debts
- Online backup software not taxable
- Guidance issued on eligible manufacturing personal property exemption
- Property tax treatment of leasehold improvements discussed
- U.S. Supreme Court asked to review ERISA preemption decision
- State to process Detroit business and fiduciary tax
- Tax Must be separately stated on any invoice or other statement of the transaction
New York City
- Corporate income tax: Allocation of taxpayer’s receipts based on location of consultants, not salespeople
- Ohio Supreme Court affirms bright-line presence test met by retailer with no physical presence
- Taxpayer could not change method of accounting on amended municipal return
- New pass-through entity for, created; tax filing tips discussed
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2016 CCH. All Rights Reserved.