State & local tax advisor: June 2017
See the latest state and local tax changes in California, Delaware, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
Topics in this issue include:
- Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2017 passed by House
- Amended returns, notices, audits, power of attorney and more discussed
- Federal return due dates adopted
- Passive taxpayer did not have nexus with Detroit
- Reciprocal agreements discussed
- NOL calculation guidance issued for individuals
- Omnibus tax bill creates new income tax credits, subtractions
- Omnibus tax bill includes sales and use tax nexus amendments, new or enhanced exemptions, and more
- Sales and use tax holiday enacted
- Property tax exemption denied as property was not exclusively used for charitable purpose
- Voluntary disclosure initiative enacted
- Taxability of SMLLC treated as disregarded entity discussed
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2017 CCH. All Rights Reserved.