State & local tax advisor: August 2017
- MTC offers voluntary disclosure initiative for online marketplace sellers
- Notice and reporting requirements for non-collecting retailers clarified
- Assessment of taxpayer’s drop shipment transactions sustained
- Good Jobs for Michigan program allows authorized businesses to retain withholding taxes
- Inclusion of foreign disregarded entity’s income tans apportionment factors in combined report affirmed
- “Apportionable income” definition amended; interest expense deduction modified
- Taxpayer’s sale of assets in pass-through entities qualified for capital gains deduction
- Functional test removed for apportionment purposes
- Tax amnesty enacted
- Out-of-state retailers using in-state software, seeds & plants, criminal penalties, and more
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC, is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use.
©2017 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates. All rights reserved.