IPA spotlight On Jim Proppe
- Beginning July 1, will serve as the seventh MP in the firm’s 93-year history.
- Served 13 years as Plante Moran Group MP, coordinating client service, growth, people development and risk management.
- Assisted with the development and launch of several firm services, including Plante Moran Group Benefit Advisors, Enterprise Risk Management, Tax Solutions Group and ERP implementation services.
- Helped launch firm offices in Shanghai, China, Monterrey, Mexico, and Mumbai, India.
- Led the design of Plante Moran’s partner performance management process.
Your term starts July 1 — what work are you doing now to transition into the role?
After being elected as managing partner, my focus was on selecting our next management team. I wanted to surround myself with people who have a skill set that is complementary to mine and will bring strong diversity of thought. The six partners selected will begin their appointments July 1 when my term begins. A big part of preparing for my role is to help the new management team transition into theirs: preparing them to take on new responsibilities and transitioning their previous roles to their successors. This transition has created a lot of great opportunities for people across the firm — it’s a really exciting time.