An audit partner at Plante Moran, Jason specializes in advising executives and owners of globally-active manufacturing, distribution, and service companies on navigating the ever-changing landscape and complexities of U.S. GAAP and the Internal Revenue Code. He helps leaders build world-class financial reporting processes and uncover various tax-savings opportunities to improve cash flows and minimize entity and shareholder effective tax rates.
Jason is known for being passionate about the world of public accounting. He brings a tireless work ethic, strong technical aptitude, and the highest commitment and dedication to world-class client service. Jason has:
- Led a number financial due diligence engagements and identified millions of dollars in working capital and quality of earnings adjustments that led to significant purchase price reductions or favorable purchase agreement revisions for his buy-side clients.
- Effectively and efficiently led financial statement audit engagements for globally-active companies with operations in six different continents.
- Works closely with executive management navigating the ever-changing landscape and complexities of U.S. GAAP and IFRS to assist companies comply with financial covenant, purchase agreement, shareholder, or investor requirements.
- Assisted clients in implementing world-class financial reporting processes and internal controls, which has resulted in timelier, more accurate, and meaningful internal financial reporting.
- Advised dozens of manufacturing and distribution companies on various inventory management items, including costing, safeguards, and accuracy, which provided management enhanced data to make improved business decisions, particularly around purchasing, quoting, productivity, and manning levels.
- Works closely with business owners and executives on uncovering various tax-savings opportunities to improve cash flows and minimize entity and shareholder effective tax rates in areas such as fixed asset depreciation, inventory costing, accounting methods, cost segregation studies, research and development credits, domestic producer activities, IC-DISC, and state rate optimization.
Jason has bachelor of business administration and master of business administration degrees in accounting from Eastern Michigan University.