Large construction company upgrades critical ERP software
GH Phipps knew they needed to implement a new ERP software. Some of the issues they were facing included:
- Lack of standardization. Because users found it difficult to navigate through their current ERP software, they weren’t using standardized business processes, and over 15 years, they’d created numerous workarounds.
- Customized application. GH Phipps had made significant investments to customize many reports and application screens.
- End-of-life for support. Since GH Phipps was using outdated ERP software, they were at risk of losing vendor support.
- Lack of project management resources. GH Phipps needed an experienced IT resource to lead a successful implementation.
Our technology experts:
- Conducted business review sessions and interviews to document processes and reports, improving cross-functional knowledge and streamlining processes among all users.
- Executed the project based on the project plan and ensured that deadlines were met. We helped schedule activities, identify the parties responsible for scheduling those activities, and developed a resource plan to meet the overall scheduling needs.
- Managed the vendor, a large component of the project, as there were multiple pain points to address, including collaboration with the vendor to facilitate improved design process flows to leverage ERP functionality and streamline processes.
- Created and managed a cross-functional team for the testing and training of the new ERP software to make sure that all end users were adequately trained and capable to use the ERP after the go-live stage.
Our experts worked quickly to build a collaborative and engaged project team of internal stakeholders from multiple departments to forecast and mitigate issues and risks. By doing so, our specialists were able to:
- Deliver the project within scope and budget.
- Minimize the customizations of the ERP.
- Create highly engaged internal users who actively participated in trainings and issue resolution, and have successfully adopted standardized ERP processes.