Reflect and redirect: 2016 year-end tax planning strategies for individuals
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 2016
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. EDT
The time for year-end tax planning has arrived. Even though 2016 was quieter year than most from a tax perspective, you may identify tax-saving strategies that can make a significant difference in the amount of taxes you pay.
But what tax-planning opportunities should you consider as you develop a personal year-end strategy? Join our tax specialists as they summarize the information you need to ensure you’re maximizing tax savings as 2017 approaches.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Analyze your 2016 and 2017 tax exposure and strategies
- Manage your ongoing tax position
- Describe a variety of tax planning opportunities
- Communicate the implications of topics covered, including income, gift and estate tax strategies such as the alternative minimum tax, new proposed regulations that would limit gift and estate tax valuation discounts and optimizing your charitable deductions.
- Melanie Prevost, Tax and Wealth Management Senior Manager
- Emerson Merkerson, Tax and Wealth Management Manager
- James Minutolo, National Tax Office Partner
- Jerry Jonckheere, Tax Partner