- June 08, 2017 @ 2:00 PM ET
The complexities of Mexico’s tax environment can hinder even the most sophisticated automotive suppliers. Does your staff have a good understanding of the country’s tax structures? Do you feel comfortable with the compliance requirements, and are you prepared to meet them?
Join Plante Moran’s global tax and consulting specialists as they provide an overview of Mexico’s commonly overlooked, yet potentially costly, tax rules. At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the value-added tax (VAT) system’s hidden costs, risks, and opportunities through an overview of the VAT and analysis of real VAT examples.
- Identify electronic accounting implications through discussion of the drivers behind recent mandates and the potential tax implications on a supplier’s Mexican operations.
- Better manage electronic invoicing and reporting practices through identifying compliance requirements, sharing best practices to achieve compliance, and reviewing the implications of non-compliance.
- Scott Sneckenberger, Partner, Plante Moran Global Services
- Julio Valdez, International Senior Consultant, Mexico Tax Specialist, Plante Moran Global Services
- Kellie Becker, Partner, Plante Moran International Tax Services Leader