- January 15, 2019
Beginning in 2018, interest expense is generally limited to 30 percent of adjusted taxable income. While seemingly a straightforward limitation, there are many complexities inherent in the calculation, especially for pass-through entities. The Treasury Department and IRS have issued the first round of proposed regulations in an attempt to answer many of the difficult questions raised by this limitation.
This webinar covers the basics of the interest limitation as well as the most significant aspects of the proposed regulations.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand how the limitation applies to C corporations, S corporations, and partnerships, as well as the unique rules that apply to real estate businesses and motor vehicle dealers.
- Understand the practical issues with the limitation.
- Understand actions to take to minimize the impact.
- Kurt Piwko, partner, Plante Moran National Tax Office
- Stephen Eckert, manager, Plante Moran National Tax Office
- Ivan Hewines, senior manager, Plante Moran National Tax Office
- Kelly Briggs, manager, Plante Moran National Tax Office