Tax-exempt organizations: How will the “Parking Tax” impact you?
- February 12, 2019; 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EST
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, passed in December 2017, imposed a tax on exempt organizations based on their payment of qualified transportation fringe benefits to their employees. This provision, commonly known as the “parking tax,” was the subject of long-awaited guidance and was issued in December 2018. This webinar will describe the guidance and provide the necessary information to determine if and how the parking tax applies to tax-exempt organizations.
At the conclusion of this session participants will be able to:
- Determine whether they may be subject to the parking tax.
- Analyze how to calculate tax due from their organization.
- Identify basic strategies to possibly mitigate some or all of the tax.
- Amy Ciminello, tax manager
- Dori Eggett, tax director
- Tina Peters, tax manager