Implementing GASB 96 & 101: Next steps for higher education
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. EST
- Anticipated CPE:
- 1, Accounting (governmental)
Our experts explain what institutions need to know about GASB 96 and 101 and offer practical tips for implementation.
As you prepare to implement GASB 96, Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements (SBITA) and GASB 101, Compensated Absences, you’ll likely have many questions. As more organizations embrace a cloud-first IT strategy, GASB 96 provides guidance on the accounting and financial reporting for subscription-based IT arrangements. GASB 101 replaces GASB 16 and provides a more consistent model for accounting for compensated absences.
In this webinar, our experts will explain how these two standards may affect your institution, share effective dates, and provide practical guidance on implementation.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify steps to prepare for the implementation of GASB 96 and 101.
- Explain the key impacts of the implementation of these standards on your organization.
- Summarize common issues and considerations for implementation of the standards.
- Articulate the similarities between GASB 96, Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements, as amended (SBITAs), and GASB 87, Leases