State & local tax advisor: January 2016
Plante Moran’s State & Local Tax team issues newsletters periodically to keep you apprised of important state and local tax changes.
Topics in this issue include:
- Construction and building contractor's tax guidance issued
- Gillette opinion issued: Tax payers not entitled to use equally-weighted apportionment formula
- 15-day rule for nonresident employees explained
- Guidance issued on 2016 amnesty program
- Department clarifies policy on taxability of cloud computing products
- Streamlined unclaimed property audit process created
- Data center exemptions authorized
- Final phase-out of capital stock and foreign franchise tax complete
- Apportionment regulation provides guidance on combined reporting, single sales factor apportionment formula, and market-based sourcing rules
- Nexus regulations amended, updated
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2016 CCH. All Rights Reserved.