Plante Moran’s State & Local Tax team issues newsletters periodically to keep you apprised of important state and local tax changes.
Topics in this issue include:
- Sales and use tax manufacturing exemptions modified
- Statute of limitations approaching for certain Michigan Business Tax (MBT) overpayment refund claims
- Federal constructive ownership rules could not be used to make unitary business determination
- Backpay and frontpay awards not taxable
- Mailing catalogs from another state does not qualify as using the product
- Enacted budget legislation includes middle-class tax cut, other changes
- Taxpayer's purchases taxable as business fixtures
- Remote seller collection requirement enacted
- Taxpayer not required to include net loss in apportionment formula
- Single sales factor apportionment formula option extended to computer and electronic product manufacturing businesses
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2016 CCH. All Rights Reserved.