While not an all-inclusive list, some of the new requirements for IMMEX companies temporarily importing sensitive goods*, are the following:
- Provide information of the sensitive goods to be temporarily imported and the finished goods to be exported.
- A special report issued by a Mexican Registered Public Accountant containing certain required information.
- Detail on the companies to whom the finished products will be later transferred.
- Sensitive goods may remain in Mexico under temporary importation for a maximum of four months.
- Companies who have been granted a VAT Certification by the Mexican tax authorities would be exempt from obtaining the authorization to import sensitive goods under the new regulations.
*Sensitive goods: Steel, iron and metal castings, textiles, aluminum among others
For more information or assistance in compliance with these new requirements, please contact our international consulting team.