State & local tax advisor: November 2018
What’s new in state and local tax? Here are a few updates on activities within Colorado, Kentucky, Michigan, and more.
- Income tax nexus legislation introduced in Congress
- Ruling on business entity members of multiple-member LLCs modified
- Sales and use tax destination sourcing for local taxes will begin soon
- Sales of cloud services not taxable in Indiana
- Idaho issues temporary rule on pass-through entity treatment of IRC §965 deemed repatriation income
- IRC §965 guidance issued
- Kentucky issues guidance on business inventory credit
- Issues guidance on deduction for state taxes
- Massachusetts creates addbacks for TCJA deductions
- Addresses GILTI and Subpart F income treatment
- Assessments for unpaid state real estate transfer taxes and interest upheld
- Additional guidance issued for reporting IRC §965 income
- Information provided on sales through marketplaces
- Statement issued on Wayfair nexus decision
- Oklahoma addresses treatment of IRC §965 and §951(A) income
- Guidance on factor representation and IRC §965 issued
- Airfreight-forwarding company apportionment adopted
- Wayfair settlement reached
- Guidance on Wayfair decision provided
- Remote seller nexus guidelines updated
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC, is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use.
©2018 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates. All rights reserved.