- May 20, 2020
The employee retention credit, created as part of the CARES Act in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, has raised many questions. During this webinar, our experts will address the most significant aspects of the credit.
During this webinar, our experts will address the most significant aspects of the employee retention credit based on existing authority, including the recently issued FAQs. We’ll discuss the general application of the credit and how to distinguish it from other tax rules enacted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ll also provide numerous examples and planning considerations related to the retention credit.
- Understand the most significant aspects of the retention credit, including what’s been provided in IRS guidance and what questions remain open.
- Distinguish between the employee retention credit, other payroll tax incentives, and payment protection program loans.
- Determine whether an entity is an eligible employer and how qualified wages will be computed.
- Identify examples and scenarios that will best provide the credit to businesses.
- Stephen Eckert, senior manager, National Tax Office
- Amy Forester, partner, Tax Solutions Group
- Ginger Powell, senior manager, Tax Solutions Group
- Rebecca Smart, in-charge, National Tax Office