- November 18, 2020
Join day two of the Plante Moran Financial Institutions Symposium 2020 for expert updates on accounting, tax, and regulatory compliance.
To start, our audit professionals will discuss the significant changes in accounting and financial reporting requirements. Next, our tax leaders will cover the current state of Federal tax laws and regulations, as well as the anticipated changes resulting from the pandemic and the upcoming presidential election. They’ll also discuss what tax planning opportunities may be available to your financial institution.
Finally, our risk advisory team will cover the elevated fair lending risk associated with the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and temporary relief programs in a virtual panel discussion. The group will also cover the benefits of using enterprise risk management tools to prepare for the next crisis.
These sessions will provide insightful and timely information to ensure your financial institutions is prepared to emerge successfully from the pandemic and prepare you for the next disruption.
- Identify accounting and tax changes resulting from the pandemic.
- Evaluate how initial observations from early implementers of CECL may affect your financial institution.
- Understand what tax planning opportunities may be available if tax rates are increased.
- Evaluate whether activities taken in light of the COVID-19 pandemic may have created additional fair lending risk for your financial institution.
- Brian Franey
Accounting update panelists:
- Ryan Abdoo, partner
- Kate Krones, manager
Tax update presenters:
- Brian Howe, partner
- Michelle St. Ours, partner
Regulatory compliance risk advisory panelists:
- Troy Snyder, partner
- Brad Birkholz, senior manager
- James Siegel, manager
This webinar is part of the Plante Moran Financial Institutions Symposium 2020. Be sure to check out the event details and register for other insightful sessions here.