How AI is transforming the public sector: Rewards, risks, and readiness
- Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2024
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. ET
- Anticipated CPE:
- 1, Information Technology
AI is poised to fundamentally transform how public sector organizations operate and serve the public. Our experts will share use cases organizations can implement now and discuss considerations for aligning AI initiatives with long-term strategic goals and technology plans.
Artificial intelligence (AI) continues to evolve at a rapid pace and is poised to unlock new possibilities in efficiency, productivity, and customer service. These technologies have the potential to fundamentally transform the way public sector organizations operate and serve the public. AI also brings myriad technical and organizational complexities and risks largely associated with responsible use, data security, and data quality and privacy aspects, which require the development of new policies and guidelines. Public sector organizations must also be transparent about how AI is being used, the benefits, and the potential risks. A thoughtful, planned, and coordinated approach to adoption will help ensure success for your organization.
Our experts will discuss considerations for aligning AI initiatives with your long-term strategic goals and technology plan and share practical use cases. We’ll address common questions such as:
- How can we use AI to improve efficiency?
- Can we implement AI using our existing technology?
- What security measures do we need to implement to minimize risk?
- Who’s responsible for developing AI policies for our organization?
- What skills and personnel resources are needed?
Who should attend:
- Finance directors
- Technology directors
- Executive officers & administrators
- Board/council members
Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of AI.
- Gain information about generative AI technologies such as ChatGPT.
- Explore the workplace use cases and personnel impacts of AI.
- Learn about AI adoption considerations, including risks and mitigation approaches.
Presenters and moderator:
- Moderator: Stacey Mansker-Young, Senior manager
- Presenters: Kyle Macyda, Principal; Cole Weinman, Manager
Plante & Moran, PLLC, is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 or by visiting the website: nasba.org