Plante Moran’s State & Local Tax team issues periodic newsletters to keep you apprised of important state and local tax changes.
Topics in this issue include:
- Factor-based doing business thresholds set for 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court declines to review notice, reporting obligations; declines to review, overturn Quill
- Changes to 2016 Illinois business income tax filing and payment due dates discussed
- Regulations on unitary and composite returns, tax overpayments amended
- Sales sourced based on location of selling activities
- Sales of computer software through cloud-based delivery system not taxable
- Cloud-computing services were not taxable
- Taxpayer asks U.S. Supreme Court to review retroactive repeal of Multistate Tax Compact
- Taxability of property affixed by a manufacturer/contractor explained
- Changes to mandatory first installment of estimated tax discussed
- DOT issues reminder on increased business income tax deduction (Dec. 15, 2016)
- Reciprocity with New Jersey, tax amnesty program, tobacco taxes, tax registration, and filing discussed
- FAQs concerning receipts factor for multi-state calendar year taxpayers updated
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2016 CCH. All Rights Reserved.