The clientA tier-one auto supplier seeking to develop future strategic decisions for global expansion.
A leading tier-one automotive supplier of driveline and drivetrain systems and components was poised for global expansion. The company’s growth plans focused on incorporating the latest and best technology into their quality products around the world. The organization needed:
- Analysis of competitive landscape & market position.
- Product-technology strategic planning and growth related to fuel efficiency, electrification, and the safety of autonomous vehicles.
The solutionOur team created a market intelligence framework to identify the supplier’s current strengths, weaknesses, and market position. We conducted in-depth market analytics, in- person management interviews, and multiple site visits to fully understand the supplier’s business. We created a rule-based model with multiple variables, including fuel cost, environmental impact, government incentives, energy costs, and technology maturity.
Following the evaluation, the supplier had a better understanding of future market technologies and where to focus their product development. Our team developed a complex strategic plan to expand the supplier’s products into the next generation of automotive components.
Our recommendations have resulted in several benefits to the automotive supplier, including:
- A long-term technology growth strategy designed to double their revenue globally within 10 years.
- A comprehensive product market modeling based upon the compiled business analytics.
- A framework for competitor analysis, providing a deeper understanding of their competitors’ strengths and weaknesses. This in turn informs future product development and market growth strategies.