- Thursday, June 11, 2015; 2 - 3 p.m. EDT
Financing real estate can be a significant challenge. Whether you’re involved in acquisition, development, or financing, there are a variety of tax incentives that can help. Join our experts for a discussion on the major tax incentives driving real estate development and how these tools work together to drive economic and community development. You’ll leave with a clear understanding of each incentive and the types of projects that can apply, as well as insider tips to help you assess your options and optimize value.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the major real estate development tax incentives, including New Markets Tax Credits, low-income housing tax credits, and historic tax credits.
- Describe the types of projects that qualify for each incentive.
- Explain the benefits and hurdles for the incentives.
- Learn strategies to maximize the value of an incentive.
- Linda Yudasz, Real Estate Industry Partner, Plante Moran
- Tim Frens, Real Estate Industry Partner, Plante Moran
- Mark McDaniel, President and CEO, Great Lakes Capital Fund
- Rob Edwards, Real Estate Industry Partner, Plante Moran