Rethinking business and transaction structures during COVID-19
- August 18, 2020
Explaining longer-term tax planning strategies, our tax experts focus on business entities, operations, and transaction planning. We help you find and implement the best strategy to help you attain your business goals, as well as how to implement it.
These strategies should be based on a holistic view of the business and its future goals. As a starting point, taxpayers must consider the best use of their assets and facilities, as those items can be the source of tax planning opportunities. A broad range of possibilities exists for opportunistic business restructuring, including changes in tax classification or overall restructuring of legal entities. Changes in business valuation also provide a great opportunity to evaluate succession planning. Finally, we’ll discuss why consideration should be given to the structure and timing of acquisitions — or even exit transactions.
- Identify key tax planning opportunities that exist within a current business, from its operations to its overall entity structure.
- Define which longer-term tax strategies your organization could take advantage of to maximize business goals.
- Identify and implement broader tax planning opportunities available for the rest of 2020 and into the future.
Find our full webinar series here:
- Tax strategies for adapting to challenging times
- Maximizing cash flow through COVID-19 tax planning
- Dealing with business debt during challenging times
- Optimizing tax accounting methods in challenging times