Topics in this issue include:
- U.S. Supreme Court declines to review Gillette
- U.S. House passes Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification bill
- Amendments to market-base sourcing regulations adopted
- Payments made by lessee to lessor in addition to rent are subject to tax
- Taxpayer assessed as “unitary business”
- Amount borrowed from S Corporation held to be distribution, not a loan
- End of reciprocity with New Jersey, tobacco taxes, ACH debit blocks, and more discussed
- New rule on registration and collection requirements for out-of-state dealers adopted Read the full October State and Local Tax Advisor.
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2016 CCH. All Rights Reserved.