State & local tax advisor: October 2017
- Guidance on water's-edge elections expanded
- U.S. Supreme Court declines to review removal of pension benefit exemptions
- Principal residence exemption claim procedures amended, penalties for duplicative claims enacted
- Taxpayer did not qualify for MBT deduction, exclusion or credit
- Distributions from IRAs discussed
- Impact of Ashland Inc. v. Commissioner of Revenue addressed
- Sales and use tax changes to nexus standard explained
- Amnesty program highlighted
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC, is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use.
©2017 CCH Incorporated and its affiliates. All rights reserved.