Cybersecurity for the public sector: You've been hacked — now what?
- February 19, 2018
Cyberattacks often target the public sector. This three part on-demand webinar series will help you boost your cybersecurity efforts by figuring out where to start after a data breach, determine how it happened, and how to protect your organization for the future.
Ransomware. Confidential information leaks. Phishing attacks. Cybersecurity for the public sector is a growing need and educational institutions can’t afford to suffer costly cyberattacks and data breaches.
Why is the public sector targeted?
Cyber criminals are constantly victimizing organizations and governments — particularly educational institutions — are key targets. Here are a couple reasons why:
- IT is commonly decentralized, which makes threat intelligence coordination and consistent security control implementation very difficult.
- Security funding budgets are typically limited and networks are more open to serve end users, including increased reliance on BYOD (bring your own device).
- Public organizations also have plenty of confidential data available that hackers enjoy compromising.
Three part cybersecurity webinar
With plenty of information at risk, organizations must ask themselves, “What do we do when (not if) we’re hacked?” This three part on-demand webinar series will help you figure out where to start after a data breach, determine how it happened, and protect your organization from cyberattacks in the future.
- Incident response triage: Where do you start? – You've been hacked. You're in crisis mode. What's the first thing you need to do? In this beginning webinar, our experts will discuss the necessary actions required immediately after a cyber-attack.
- Incident evaluation: How did this happen? – After responding to initial triage, you must consider how the hacker was able to breach your systems. During this webinar, our experts will walk through the stages of event detection and vulnerability/risk assessment.
- Incident prevention: How do you protect your organization? – In this closing webinar, you'll learn best practices and common oversights organizations make in regards to information security and how to protect your organization.