GASB 84, Fiduciary Activities: Implementation lessons learned
- Thursday, Aug. 27, 2020
GASB 84, Fiduciary Activities has been impacted by several actions taken by the GASB in May and June 2020. These actions significantly change not only the required implementation date, but also the applicability of GASB 84 to certain defined contribution and other employee benefit plans. In this session, we’ll review these GASB actions and how they impact GASB 84 implementation. We’ll also walk through some other examples of unique activities and the thought process to evaluate these activities under GASB 84. Finally, we’ll discuss implementation challenges that you may encounter and how these can be addressed.
- Understand the most recent GASB actions impacting GASB 84 implementation.
- Develop a thought process under which to evaluate unique activities using the GASB 84 definitions.
- Anticipate possible challenges when implementing GASB 84.
- Ashley Frase, manager
- Ken Mero, manager
- Marie Stiegel, manager
Format: Audio with slides
Cost: No fee
Find our full webinar series here:
- How COVID-19 funding impacts your single audit and what to do next
- Internal controls in a remote environment: Best practices for public sector
- GASB Update: Are you on track?
- GASB 87, Leases: A closer look